Terms and Conditions
- Showfile.com provides a number of services that may only be used in accordance with these terms and conditions. The services include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- The ability for you to upload digital photographical images to our website or to email digital photographical images or to send us digital photographical images electronically or by other means to us so that we can upload them to our website on your behalf.
- The ability for you to upload digital video images to our website or to email digital video images or to send to us digital video images electronically or by other means to us so that we can upload them to our website on your behalf.
- The ability for you to purchase or obtain for free digital photographical images to be downloaded from our website or to be sent to you electronically or by other means.
- The ability for you to purchase or obtain for free digital video images to be downloaded from our website or to be sent to you electronically or by other means.
- Only persons aged 18 years or over may access our website and use the services offered by us.
- Subject to these terms and conditions you may open an account as a “user” with showfile.com by completing the Registration Form. Once your registration has been accepted (and until your account is terminated) you will be able to download images and videos to our website, request for images or videos to be emailed to you or send them to you by other means subject to agreeing any additional terms which are applicable, request services to be supplied by us such as the supplying of photographical images and videos.
- Subject to these terms and conditions you may open an account as a “contributor” with showfile.com by completing the Registration Form. Once your registration has been accepted (and until your account is terminated) you will be able to upload images and videos to our website, email images videos to us or send them to us by other means for uploading to our website on your behalf and subject to agreeing any additional terms which are applicable, request services to be supplied by us such as the purchasing and downloading of photographical images and videos.
- Each registration is for a single user only.
- You may register as a user and a contributor.
- During the registration process you will be asked to supply your email address. This will help us to verify your identity on future visits. Should you register using an invalid email address or an email address that belongs to someone else, Showfile.com may terminate your account at any time without notice.
- You will also need to provide a password in order to access your account. We do not permit you to share your password with any other person. You must keep your password secure at all times. You will be responsible for any damage or losses caused by unauthorised access resulting from your failure to keep your password secure.
- There is no charge for opening a Showfile.com account; however there may be charges for other products or services supplied by us. You will be notified of these charges at the time you request the products or services. When you place an order for products or services, for which there is a charge, you may need to supply us with your credit card and other personal details so that we may process the order for you. You may be required to supply us with detains of a valid and current Paypal account. Any charges for the products or services requested will be billed to your credit card or Paypal account once the order has been accepted by us.
- In the event that you supply invalid credit card details or details of a credit card that belongs to someone else, or details of an invalid Paypal account that we reserve the right to terminate your account at any time without notice.
Images and Video
- Images uploaded to our website must be digital images in JPEG format or video images in Quicktime MOV format. For further guidance and information please visit our help pages.
- Images uploaded by you or by us on your behalf will (subject to the restrictions in these terms) will be available for viewing by you in your private area accessible through your account using your email address and password.
- By uploading or allowing us to upload no your behalf your photographic and video creations you warrant that you have obtained all the necessary third party consents to permit you do so and further that the sharing of same does not infringe the rights of any third party.
- You may delete images uploaded to www.showfile.com by you or by us on your behalf at any time.
Membership of Showfile.com Allows You to do the Following:
- To access any part of the website that is not password protected as access to some parts of our website are only available if you have a valid password. You may not access these areas without a valid password.
You Are Not Allowed To Do the Following:
- You are not allowed to use our website or to copy or use any material from our website for any commercial purpose other than any commercial transaction directly with of or than the transactions you allow Showfile.com to undertake on your behalf by agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in material on our website from any copies of material from our website.
- You are not permitted to register multiple accounts for use by the same person unless specifically authorised by showfile.com in writing. Breach of this clause may result in immediate suspension of your service.
- You are not allowed to upload, email to us or send us digital images electronically items which contain or use any images or other material including text based annotations and comments, which contain any of the following:
- material which is defamatory of any person or organisation;
- material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive;
- material which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- material that is likely to incite hatred or violence against any person or group;
- material that is likely to deceive any person;
- blasphemous material;
- material which concerns or relates to any criminal act;
- material the use or inclusion of which infringes any copyright, trademark, database or other intellectual property right of any third party;
- material made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; material which promotes any illegal activity;
- material which is threatening, abusive or invades another’s privacy, causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- material which is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- material used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- material which gives the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- material that advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- material that breaches any applicable laws or legislation.
- material that does not belong to you.
Uploaded content, images and video
- We prohibit the uploading of certain types of image to our website, however we cannot control, nor do we monitor the use of our website. It is possible that images or other material may appear on our website which are unlawful or offensive and contravene our restrictions on content set out above. We are not responsible for such images or material but if you become aware of any such images or material on our website please contact us without delay.
- At our discretion we may contact law enforcement authorities if we are made aware that anything unlawful is occurring or has occurred in relation to our website including the uploading or emailing of any images in breach of the above restrictions on content. We may provide copies of any relevant images or material to the law enforcement authorities and in that connection may also give them access to any personal data that is held by us.
- We may without notice and at our sole discretion delete or remove any image that has been uploaded, emailed or sent to us for publishing that is in breach of these terms.
- You will indemnify us and our officers and employees against any action, claim, damages, liability, costs and expenses arising out of:
- any use by you or your guests of our website in breach of these terms,
- any claim that the uploading or emailing of any images by you or on your behalf is an infringement of any third party's copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights.
- You retain all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in those images that you have uploaded to our website or emailed to us where you already own such rights. We are the owner (or the licensee) of all intellectual property rights in our website.
- We may delete, remove or refuse to display any material at our sole discretion.
- We may display, modify, print, transmit or distribute any of the images that you upload, email to us or send to us electronically or otherwise, in order to provide any of the services offered by us through our website subject to these terms.
- It is a condition of allowing you to use our website and any services offered through it that you have the right to copy, upload or otherwise deal with those images in relation to our website and to allow us to process and otherwise deal with those images in accordance with these terms.
- You may not upload, email to us, request or send to us electronically, or otherwise deal in relation to our website, with any images or other material where you do not have the right to do so or allow us to use such images or other material in accordance with these terms. For example, you may not take images or videos from another website or other publication and do anything with them unless you have obtained the permission from the owner of the relevant right.
- Any material submitted to own website must be owned by you and not by another third party who you may have been under contract to when those images were created, photographed, filmed or edited.
Operation of the Showfile.com
- We may change the format and content of our website or any products or services offered by our website at any time.
- We may terminate or suspend the operation of our website or terminate or suspend provision of any products or services offered through our website for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason. We may do this at any time and without notice.
- We would advised to keep backups of all material provided to us. In particular, it is up to you to keep backup copies of images uploaded by you or emailed to us or sent to us electronically. We will not be responsible for keeping backups or for the loss of, deletion or corruption of any images or any other material uploaded onto our website.
Services and Purchasing
- Orders will be paid for at time of purchase via the services of Paypal.com.
- The decision as to whether to accept any order from you is at our sole discretion.
- Payments are non-refundable so therefore can't be exchanged or refunded.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to reply promptly to all correspondence. Such reply may be by email or by post.
- You may cancel your account by contacting us by email or by post. You may be asked to provide further proof that you are the holder of the account. Your account will be cancelled as soon as reasonably practicable following receipt of your email or letter.
- We may cancel your account without notice at our sole discretion.
- Once your account is cancelled, your uploaded work will be removed from our website and your password will no longer enable access to the password protected areas of our website.
Questions, concerns or complaints
- If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about material which appears on our website, please contact us.
- Complaints or claims must be notified to us within 28 days of receipt of products, or in the case of non-delivery, in a reasonable time after the products were expected to arrive.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and the provision of products and services by us are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation of these terms or in relation to the provision of any products and services by us the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or other relevant country.